This Short Term Rental Agreement and Contract (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into by and between the person(s) or company (the “Guests”) and the owner (“Homeowner”), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the residence described below (the “Property”), for the duration of the Rental Term for the Rental Fee and other good and valuable consideration as described herein.
This Agreement is made by and between Homeowner and Guests as of the date the Guests confirms a reservation for the Property. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
The villa (“Villa Chill”) is to be rented and not the surrounding 260-acre property (“Selva Escondida”). Villa Chill is located within the Selva Escondida gated property which is located 2 km up the Escaleras Road approximately 15 kilometers south of Dominical, Costa Rica. By Lat/Long, the front gate is 9.22200, -83.81102 according the Google Maps. For directions on how to drive to the villa from San Jose to Selva Escondida, visit www.selvaescondida.com/location.
Villa Chill includes:
- Main House with 4 bedrooms / 4 bathroom, a swimming pool and is furnished and includes tables, chairs, dishwasher, washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove, hi-def TV, Blu-Ray/3D DVD, satellite TV, high-speed wifi, bar-b-que grill;
- Guest House #1 (closest to Main House) has 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms and is furnished with table, chairs refrigerator, stove, hi-def TV, DVD and other furnishing including bed linens, towels, kitchen utensils, flatware, silverware and drinking glasses;
- Guest House #2 including 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms.
Please note that occasionally the Internet connection goes down because the property is in a remote location and uses a long-range microwave Internet infrastructure that is occasionally damaged due to weather or circumstances beyond the Homeowner’s control. This typically happens during the rainy season. As such, the Homeowner cannot guarantee Internet connectivity. However, Homeowner will ensure all related bills are paid and onsite equipment is in good shape.
CONDITION AND USE OF PROPERTY
The Villa is provided in “as is” condition. Homeowner shall use its best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Villa, such as Internet access, satellite TV, swimming pool, kitchen, hot water. Homeowner shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible. Guest acknowledges that use of amenities such as decks, pools, streams, mountainous trails and the like may be potentially dangerous and involve potential risks if improperly used, particularly with regard to children and such use is at the Guest’s own risk.
Guest shall use the Property for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the Property and keep the Property in clean and sanitary condition at all times. Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from very loud noises to the point that it disturbs, annoys, endangers, or inconveniences neighboring properties, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, association rules or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Property.
TERM OF THE LEASE
The lease begins on the “Check-in Date” after 3pm Costa Rica time p.m. (the “Check-in Date”) and ends on the Checkout date by 11am Costa Rica time (the “Checkout Date”).
The maximum number of guests including client on the property is limited to number of people Guests paid Homeowner for, and no more. If more people are to visit, e.g. wedding, party, etc, Guests will inform Homeowner prior, and extra charges may apply.
Always shut and lock the front gate behind you. Guests shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
Guests shall not block any road or driveway in the 260-acre property such that another 4×4/4WD vehicle cannot pass. There is another house on the property. Guests are not to go to the other house.
The Damage Deposit shall be refunded within a week of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to damage to the property or furnishings,
dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning, or any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guests stay. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guests shall inform Homeowner as soon as possible. The Damage Deposit is always 100% refundable for cancellations.
CANCELLATION POLICY refund if cancelled before 60 days of check-in.
Homeowner encourage all Guests to purchase traveler insurance.
Guests agree to abide by these Rental Rules at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guests permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
Smoking is allowed outside only. Please pick up cigarette butts.
PETS are NOT permitted.
Keys or a code to a combination lock will be provided. The front gate must be locked at all times.
People other than those in the Guests’ party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guests.
The housing compound is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting the reservation, it is agreed that Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
Keep the property and all furnishings in good order;
If it looks like rain, please close windows and doors before you leave the house.
Don’t leave the wooden planters chairs outside, if it looks like rain.
If you break it, you buy it. Wifi is available. Connect to belkin.5849.
Only use appliances for their intended uses.
Housekeeping: There will be housekeeping service three days a week. We do not permit linens to be taken from the housing compound.
Water and Septic: The house uses water from mountain streams and septic systems. The Main House has an ultraviolet treatment system and in the kitchen of the Main House there is a reverse osmosis unit. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products or similar have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $600.
Storms: no refunds will be given for storms. Roads can be curvy and steep. Internal roads are concrete and are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive. We do not refund due to road conditions.
TIPS & OTHER THOUGHTS
- Sunscreen for kids, Baby sunscreen doesn’t leak into their eyes. We normally use SPF 50 with some zinc oxide.
- Insect repellent. You won’t need it around the villa, but you will need it on the beach. Leave it in the car.
- Swimmer’s ear drops for kids. Use it every time after pool, ocean or if you suspect that baby’s ear are wet.
- A good pair of shoes for the slippery road after rain. We have concrete road on the farm and moss grows on it. We regularly maintain it, but it can be slippery.
- Rain boots. We highly recommend rain boots if you want to walk the farm and explore special areas. Rain boots are the best. You can always buy these here too for around $15. Bring socks. If you don’t want to carry your boots back home, we encourage you to leave them on the farm. Guests in the future can use them.
- Books. If it rains, the Internet can be interrupted. We also have books to read in English.
- The refrigerator is usually completely empty. You can buy household items at the local supermarkets, yet you might want to bring small quantity of spices so that you don’t have to buy everything. Same with laundry detergent.
- We will have plenty of towels. Please do not take these to the beach.
- We have a high chair for toddlers. Ask Janet about this.
On the 260-acre property
- Vin is the onsite property manager. He only speaks Spanish. His cell phone: +506 8510-5801. His wife is Janet, and overseas the cleaning of the house.
- You need to ALWAYS lock the gate for security reason. Do not let any stranger in. It’s private property.
- Electricity is very expensive, so please save electricity. Also, at night, the less lights are on, the less bugs there will be.
- When you walk on the farm, be careful of the fire ants. When you stop on the road, make sure you are not on an ant trail… Those little buggers can hurt!
- The property has trails through the rain forest, including one to a lookout. Vin can usually take groups on tours for a tip.’